There is something rather wonderful about living in the twenty-first century. Here I am, sitting in a spacious cafe, sipping Chai latte and updating my blog. Life is good. This morning I spent on cleaning and organizing and filing; this afternoon I have been out and about, enjoying a cloudy fall day and the freedom of doing my own thing. Days off remind me that I was created for pattern of work and rest. Adam was given work, and his purpose was to do the work and then enter rest just like God had. But Adam fell, and we have been struggling against work and rest ever since. I am thankful for this day of resting and working in different ways. It is refreshing.
2 comments:
I enjoyed your reflections about work and rest. I have been reflecting on this too, now that I am retired. So much of my relaxation time is spent on hobbies that I think of as work/rest. Where is the dividing line? Physical work, gardening, house cleaning, etc. is also now my hobby. Computer tasks like bill paying and blogging are also hobbies/work. Rest is change of pace, I guess.
Yeah, I agree with the change of pace thing. I think there are activities that are rest to some and work to others. We all need different rhythms in our lives!
Post a Comment